ECO Friendly Printing
At Printing Expressly for You, we care about the environment and strive to reduce our carbon footprint. We are as ECO friendly as possible. As a responsible printing business in Vancouver, WA, we are continuously researching new methods and materials that will save our environment – not damage it further.
Our ECO Friendly Services:
- Soy-based Inks – Rather than use a traditional, cheaper, petroleum base ink, we uses soy-based inks. Our ink contains more than 30% soy oil and a minimum of 55% bio-derived, renewable and sustainable raw materials. It is formulated without petroleum ink solvent and has extremely low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), making it an ECO friendly choice.
- Corn-based Toners – Toner is largely powder-based used in laser/digital printers, using organic compounds, like corn and polymers to make up the majority of the material. When printing documents, an electrically charged drum picks up the tiny particles and rolls them onto the page according to the pattern being printed. A laser then fuses these particles to the page with heat.
- FSC Certified Paper Products – FSC stands for Forest Stewardship Council, an organization that works to promote the practice of sustainable forestry worldwide. The Forest Stewardship Council sets standards for forest products, independently certifies that these standards have been met, and bestows labels upon the products that qualify. FSC certification gives customers the option to choose forest products like paper and wood that have been sourced in an environmentally-friendly, socially responsible and economically viable manner. FSC was founded in 1993 in response to concerns about deforestation. Printing Expressly for You only uses FSC Certified papers.
- Paperless Invoicing and Estimating – Printing Expressly for You has moved to paperless invoicing which saves both the paper and mailing expenses. You can expect to get your invoices via email and you can pay online with your credit card.
- Recycling – Printing Expressly for You has recycling top of mind. We recycle every possible item for a lessor footprint overall.